How To Disable, Uninstall or Remove Windows Defender
Windows Defender, everyone knows about it. After Windows Vista, Operating system comes with an antivirus program called Windows Defender. It is a free security software that provides basic security against thousands of programs, malware, and spyware in Windows operating system. Now the advanced version of the Windows Defender provided in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 includes almost all the features of Microsoft Security Essentials.
Users who prefer to use third-party security solutions, As it is necessary to completely remove the Windows Defender before installing Kaspersky and Avast. Windows does not allow you to uninstall or change Windows Defender default settings. But, when you install a third-party software, the defender automatically turns off.
But when some third-party antivirus stops doing their work for some reason then the Windows Defender automatically gets active. Which provides temporary security which is good for you. But still, you think that if you want to delete the Windows Defender, then I will tell you how to uninstall windows defender.
How To Disable or Remove Windows Defender.
Generally, you can not uninstall Windows Defender directly from the control panel. But in this article, we will discuss about 3 ways to disable Windows Defender Antivirus from your computer permanently.
Disable Windows Defender using Local Group Policy
1) Use Windows + R to open Run command.
2) Type Gpedit.msc and click Ok to open Local Group Policy Editor.
3) On the left hand side browse the following path:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender Antivirus
4) Now, double click on Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus policy.
5) Select Enabled option to disable windows defender.
6) Click Apply and Ok.
make sure to restart your computer after changes any registry.
Please Note: Local Group Policy Editor work only with Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or Education.
Read more: Use the Right-Click Menu to Copy a File Path
Disable Windows Defender using the Registry
If you use Windows Home and you are unable to reach the local Group Policy. Then you can disable the default antivirus by modifying the registry.
Let me tell you for the information, it is Risky to edit the registry, if you do not do it correctly. We will recommend that you first take a full backup of the registry and proceed later.
1) Use Windows + R to open run command.
2) Type regedit, and click Ok.
3) Now, in registry console browse the following path
4) Here you can see Disable antispyware DWORD, if you don’t right click on windows defender(folder) key, select New and click on DWORD (32-bit) value.
5) In name filed type Disable Antispyware and press Enter.
6) Double click on just created DWORD and set value from 0 to 1.
7) Now, click Ok.
After all those step complete, restart your computer to apply the setting, and then the windows defender antivirus should now disable.
in future, if you want to enable antivirus then right click on DWORD and select the delete option.
Disable windows defender Using PowerShell command
Open windows PowerShell by right click on start menu and select Windows PowerShell(Admin).
Use the following PowerShell command to disable Windows Defender:
Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $true
To re-enable it:
Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $false
That’s it for this article, I hope you like this please share this post on social media and do comment if you have any problem.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite cetegory!